1. When accounting and reporting for a business entity, the accounting and reporting for the business must be kept separate from other economic affairs of its owners.
2. A balance sheet should be dated for a period (such as â€œFor the year ended December 31, 2006â€), whereas an income statement should be dated at a point in time (such as â€œDecember 31, 2006â€).
3. Companies prepare financial statements at the end of each year and more often as needed.
4. Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) are essentially identical in most developed countries.
5. An audit guarantees that the financial statements are free of all misstatements.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The primary purpose of the balance sheet is to
A) measure the net income of a business up to a particular point in time.
B) report the difference between cash inflows and cash outflows for the period.
C) report the financial position of the reporting entity at a particular point in time.
D) None of the above is correct.
2. On January 1, 2006, two individuals invested $500,000 each to form Jordan Corporation. Jordan had total revenues of $200,000 during 2006 and $250,000during 2007. Total expenses for the same periods were $120,000 and $140,000respectively. Cash dividends paid out to stockholders totaled $20,000 in 2006 and$25,000 in 2007. What was Jordanâ€™s total stockholders’ equity at the end of 2006and 2007?
A) $1,000,000 and $1,065,000 respectively.
B) $1,060,000 and $1,145,000 respectively.
C) $1,100,000 and $1,170,000 respectively.
D) $1,210,000 and $1,410,000 respectively
3. AtlanticÂ CorporationÂ reportedÂ theÂ followingÂ amountsÂ atÂ theÂ endÂ ofÂ theÂ firstÂ yearÂ of operation, December 31, 2006: contributed capital $100,000; sales revenue $400,000; total assets $300,000; $20,000 dividends; and total liabilities $160,000. Retained earnings and total expenses would be
A)Â retainedÂ earnings $40,000Â and expensesÂ $340,000.
B)Â retainedÂ earnings $60,000Â and expensesÂ $320,000.
C)Â retainedÂ earnings $140,000Â andÂ expenses $240,000.
D)Â retainedÂ earnings $160,000Â and expensesÂ $220,000.
E)Â None ofÂ theÂ above isÂ correct.
4. Financial accounting
A) provides information primarily for external decisionmakers.
B) is required for corporations but probably would not be done by other business entities.
C) provides information primarily for the use of managers of the company.
D) has been practiced in this country for approximately the past 15 years
5. Hong Kong companies prepare their financial reports in terms of Hong Kong dollars, whereas Japanese companies report results in yen. This practice is an example of the:
A) Historical cost principle.
B) Materiality constraint.
C) Full disclosure principle.
D) Unit-of-Measure Assumption.
6. A company purchased a car, office furniture, and office supplies by issuing a check for $5,000 and a note payable for $19,500. The market value of the items was $28,500. The total recorded value of the items is
7. On a balance sheet, assets are listed in the order of
A) dollar amount (largest first).
B) date of acquisition (earliest first).
C) ease of conversion to cash.
D) importance to the operation of the business.
8. MJ company declares a cash dividend to be paid to its stockholders next month.The effect of the transaction is to:
A) decrease assets and liabilities.
B) increase assets and stockholders’ equity.
C) decrease assets and stockholders’ equity.
D) increase liabilities and decrease stockholders’ equity.
9. “Accounts Payable” refers to
A) an amount owed to a business.
B) an amount a business owes to a third party.
C) the bottom line on the income statement.
D) the total cash paid by a business during the year
10. WhenÂ deliveryÂ ofÂ goodsÂ andÂ servicesÂ forÂ $25,000Â resultsÂ inÂ aÂ cashÂ receiptÂ of$15,000 and the balance of $10,000 on account, the reported revenues for the time period are
1. Using the income statement model and the balance sheet model, fill in the missing amounts for eachÂ independent case below.Â Assume the amounts given areÂ at the endÂ of the company’s first year of
Company Total Total Total Total Net Income/ Stockholder
Name Revenue Assets Expenses Liabilities Loss Equity
RandolphÂ $600,000Â $350,000Â $450,000Â $130,000Â ?Â ?
NewmanÂ $125,000Â ?Â ?Â $90,000 Â $20,000Â $55,000
WisemanÂ ? $160,000Â $90,000 ?Â ($20,000)Â $110,000
2. On December 1, 2009, Lucky SK Company, was started with $100,000 invested by the owners as contributed capital. On December 31, the accounting records contained the following amounts:
AccountsÂ payableÂ $Â 100Â OfficeÂ suppliesÂ $Â 500
AccountsÂ receivableÂ 3,900Â RentÂ expenseÂ 1,500
CashÂ 25,000Â SalariesÂ expenseÂ 2,000
ContributedÂ capitalÂ 50,000 SuppliesÂ expenseÂ 100 ConsultingÂ feesÂ earnedÂ 10,500Â TelephoneÂ expenseÂ 200 DividendsÂ declaredÂ 2,100
OfficeÂ equipmentÂ 24,100
Prepare an income statement in good form for December 31, 2009 which is the first month of operation.
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!